Since discovering how cheap as chips chicken legs, wings and thighs are to buy, I’ve been pretty much stocking up and having it every day! Although I’ve been happy to be saving a few bob [i.e. money] having them all the time, but it does get a little tedious having the same ‘roasted chicken legs‘ day in, day out. Which is why I was on the lookout for a new chicken seasoning recipe – and by jove, I think I found one!
You see I’ve been pretty much obsessed with Mexican food these passed weeks and I was really wanting another Mexican inspired dish. It’s due to this obsession that I’ve been buying Discovery seasoning packs left, right and centre. The reason being is that they’re handy to use if you want your Mexican fix but more importantly, they’re also certified as ‘suitable for coeliacs’!
So that day, I found a packet of Discovery Fajitas mix in my food cupboard, when it dawned on me that I could use this to make Mexican roasted chicken legs! They came out tasting amazing and I had some Mexican roasted chicken legs alongside some brown rice, refried beans and home made guacamole!
- Chicken Legs, Thighs or Legs
- Packet of Discovery Fajita Mix
- Salt and Pepper
- Dash of Oil
- 1 Lime
- Pre heat oven at 200°C
- Line a roasting tray with kitchen foil [don’t worry if you don’t have any] add the chicken legs, thighs or wings, drizzle some oil over the chicken and season with salt and pepper
- Now sprinkle some Discovery Fajita Mix [or all if you want them extra flavoursome] all over the chicken and pop it in the oven for 40/45 minutes. Turn the chicken half way through to cook underneath.
- Carefully take out of the oven and squeeze the lime juice over the chicken!