Well, I was planning on blogging more but I have had a very hectic couple of weeks! I’ve ended up moving house, moving job and being poorly (story of my life!). My endometriosis is still causing me problems. I’m still having to take super strong ‘zombie-fying’ painkillers and on Tuesday I was admitted to hospital and given loads of morphine – which helped but is the reason why I haven’t blogged as often as I liked!
Anyway, since we have had a wash out start to the bank holiday weekend, today we finally got a little ray of sunshine which inspired me to have a fresh and healthy lunch. I’ve always loved bruschetta and if I could, I would have it every day! But today I wanted to shake things up a little bit and introduce some grilled halloumi to the party- which unsurprisingly turned out pretty delicious!
- Halloumi Cheese
- Handful of Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 slices of Gluten Free Bread (I used Genius Brown Bread)
- Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Spring Onion (optional)
- Put a tablespoon of Olive Oil into a grill pan or frying pan and put it on medium heat
- Slice the Halloumi Cheese into 4 thin slices about 1cm thick
- When the Oil is hot, place the Halloumi Cheese into the pan
- Whilst the Halloumi is grilling, place the bread into the toaster and chop your tomatoes and sprinkle with some salt
- Finely chop the stems of a Spring Onion and mix with the tomatoes
- Once Halloumi has gone ‘golden’ underneath, flip over and fry the other side
- Peel the Garlic, rub on the toasted Gluten Free Bread and drizzle Olive Oil onto the Bread.
- Place Grilled Halloumi onto the Bread
- Pour Tomatoes and chopped Spring Onion on top of the Grilled Halloumi