It’s come to my attention that I’ve not been blogging for a while.
More than a month to be precise.
But I’ve not been neglecting my gluten free duties. I’ve still been finding out the easiest way to make things and still trying out different gluten free products out there [there’s plenty of reviews coming up real soon!].
The reason I’ve been M.I.A is because I’ve started work experience. It’s been so damn hard trying to find work that the longer I was out of it, the less confident I was becoming. However, the lovely people from Remploy have given me some work experience around their offices and I absolutely love it! Although I’m absolutely knackered when I get home from work – sheesh!
Anyhow back to some gluten free cooking!
As some of you may know, I love my Mexican food but because I eat it more than once a week I was getting slightly tired of the usual Mexican grub I rustle up. So putting my ‘cooking hat’ on I came across a yummy and easy Mexican recipe that I’ve never tried before: Mexican baked fish!
I cant’ remember where or when I saw this recipe, but I had found it scribbled down in one of my notebooks! It’s so simple to make, you need hardly any ingredients and involves one of my staples for any Mexican food: Discovery Seasoning Packs.
I love them! Not only are they pretty cheap, include the necessary Mexican spices but they’re also certified gluten free! Usually I only use 1/2 a pack but I can store the rest away for next time.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 White Fish Fillets
- 1 small Onion [chopped]
- 3 tsp Discovery Mexican Seasoning [or more depending on how spicy you want it]
- 400g tin of Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli
- 1 level tspn Sugar
- 300g tin of Pinto Beans [drained and rinsed]
- Sprigs of fresh Coriander
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/gas mark 5
- In a small pan, heat the Oil and add the chopped Onion and fry until soft and translucent
- Stir in the Discovery Mexican Seasoning [or if you don’t have any, use a mixture of Paprika, Chilli Powder & Ground Cumin]
- Add the Pinto Beans and stir until they’re evenly coated
- Add the Chopped Tomatoes, Sugar and simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the White Fish Fillets to an oven proof dish
- Pour the tomato mixture over the top and cover with foil. Pop in the oven and bake for 8 minutes
- After the 8 minutes is done. Carefully take out of the oven and take the foil off. Put back into the oven for another 8 minutes.
- Once done, garnish with some chopped coriander [optional] and serve with rice or vegetables