Since making my first gluten free pizza from scratch, I’ve been on the look out for some tasty pizza sauce to go with it! Now there’s nothing wrong with using tomato purée as a pizza sauce but since having some home made gluten free pizza made by my friends Pete and Fiona, I just couldn’t go back to using ordinary tomato purée! So here is my take on some easy yet delicious basic pizza sauce that will go lovely with your home made gluten free pizza!
- 1 box/tin/jar of Tomato Passata [which is a posh way of saying ‘sieved tomatoes’]
- 1 small Onion [finely chopped]
- 1 cube of Garlic [finely chopped]
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano
- Add a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the chopped onion
- When the onion has turned clear, add the chopped garlic
- Now add the tomato passata, salt & pepper and the oregano and give it a good stir!