On Friday I decided to make some gluten free flapjacks for me, Mike and ‘wheat’ Pete.
I still had a huge sticky jar of Golden Syrup in my cupboard collecting dust from my Free From and Festive challenge for the fabulous Gluten Free[k]. Plus I had a box of gluten free porridge oats to use up too! So I had the two main ingredients right there to make some gluten free flapjacks!
What I love about these flapjacks is how easy they are to and only need 4 ingredients to make! They also store well and make a delicious snack if you’re studying or travelling any where!
- 150g Butter [you can also use Margarine if you don’t have Butter]
- 5 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 75g Dark Brown Sugar
- 250g Gluten Free Porridge Oats (I used Juvela)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the Butter, Golden Syrup and Sugar
- Add the Porridge Oats and stir till they’re fully coated
- Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper and carefully pour the coated Porridge Oats and flatten it down
- Pop it in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown
- Carefully take out the baking tin and leave to cool before serving. It may seem a little soft, but will harden one it cools!
- Cut up and serve… and hide from house-mates