Back in the [good ol’] days when I could eat practically anything, my parents would always buy me a pack of frozen pre made Yorkshire’s, so when I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, the Yorkshire pudding was the another one of those foods that I actually really missed!
I was elated to have made some gluten free Yorkshire’s from scratch but there’s times (well most times) when I just can’t be bothered with faffing about with making them! I missed the convenience of pre made Yorkshire’s as every time I had a roast dinner, I wanted them with my meal.
I knew Dietary Specials did gluten free Yorkshire puddings but I foolishly assumed they wouldn’t taste like how I remembered as with other gluten free alternatives on the market, some don’t taste like what you remember. (However, this was before I tasted anything from Dietary Specials which I might add do fabulous and tasty gluten free foods).
The pack comes with 8 Yorkshire puddings of medium size. They cook in the oven in under 5 minutes and more importantly….
THEY TASTE LIKE REAL YORKSHIRE PUDDINGS!!!
And in mine and Mikes (who isn’t coeliac) opinion, these taste better than any frozen Yorkshire’s on the market. They’re tasty, light and don’t feel heavy on the stomach.
I like them so much that last week, I ended up having 6 Yorkshire puddings with my meal! Call me greedy but I’m sure you’ll do the same when you try them for yourselves!
My only wish is that DS start making GIANT Yorkshire puddings as I miss those days when I would have my roast dinner inside one giant pud! But for now, I’m happy with what I’m given.
- Taste like proper Yorkshire puddings
- Readily available (I’ve bought mine in the freezer sections of ASDA and Sainsburys)
- People who don’t have coeliac disease also like them
- Quick and easy to cook – just pop them in the oven
- They’re really light on the stomach
- Only get 8 in a pack (but that’s because I’m greedy)
- Would like to see them in the freezer section in Tesco
- Contain milk and eggs, so not suitable for people with egg and diary intolerances.