I’m pretty lucky to have a Dad who is probably the most awesome cook I know! [I know I’m a little biased, but it’s true!]
He can make a full course meal that is fit for a king with a dustbin lid and a few old shoe laces – he’s that good! He’s also really good at throwing things together and making it turn out awesome!
So due to the sunshine, I was in the mood for a good ol’ healthy salad, so my Dad offered to make a salad for me out of things he had in the cupboard. Although this salad could be a little on the ‘pricey‘ side [it does involve pistachios and mango which you can obviously leave out!] it is really, really, really worth it! On top of that it’s so God damn colourful that it automatically slaps a huge smile on across your face!
As I said in a previous post, he was like Speedy Gonzales [the speedy mexican mouse from looney toons] but I tried my best at trying to keep up with him, so apologies for the blurry pictures – he was QUICK!
I must also add that the ingredients listed does make quite a large quantity of salad, so I recommend making it with someone or a friend or storing the left overs in the fridge for the next day!
- 6 Sugar Snap Peas (chopped)
- 1 Apple (chopped)
- Tin of Sweetcorn (drained)
- Plain Pistachios
- 5 Baby Tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tsps of Dried Mint
- 2 tsps of Italian Herbs
- 4 Sping Onions (chopped)
- 1 Lemon (halved)
- 1/4 Mango (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (peeled)
- 1/2 Tin of Adzuki Beans (drained)
- Mixed bag of Leafs [lettuce etc]
- 1 Clove of Garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 1 tspn of Sugar
- 1 tspn Black Pepper
- 1 tspn of Salt
- In a bowl, add the sugar snap peas, spring onions and carrots
2. Add the apple, mango, tomatoes and leafs into the bowl
3. Add the drained sweetcorn, adzuki beas and plain pistachios (not in shell)
4. Add the dried mint, Italian herbs, chopped garlic, sugar, black pepper, salt and give it a big stir!