I know some of you may not care or she isn’t your monarch but I thought it’d be nice to pay her a little tribute – plus, I’m constantly reminded of her since she’s on our currency.
Now I wouldn’t call myself a royalist but then again, I wouldn’t say I’m not interested in the Royal family – to be fair, my interest is partly due to my little crush I have of Prince Harry!
Anyhow, here are some of the many ‘interesting’ facts about ‘Queenie E’:
- The Queens been married to Philip for over 60 years! [She is the first British monarch to have celebrated a Diamond Wedding Anniversary!]
- She sends a telegraph to those who are celebrating their 100th birthday
- She has two birthdays [her real one is today!]
- Hey favourite animal are her Corgi dogs. She’s owned more than 30 but her current ones are called; Monty, Willow, Holly, Emma and Linnet!
- The Queen is 5’4 [she’s taller than me! – I’m 5’3]
- She enrolled has a Girl Guide when she was 11
- On her honeymoon to Prince Philip, she took her Corgi Susan with them
- Every Christmas day, her speech is broadcast [I’m usually in a food coma when she’s on telly]. But she writes these speeches herself
- She is the only person in Britain who can drive without a licence or a registration number on her car.
- She is the only British monarch in history properly trained to change a spark plug
- On VE Day she and her sister slipped into the crowd to celebrate
- She collected clothing coupons for her wedding dress
- The Queen has a bank account at Coutts & Co. There is a Coutts cash-dispensing machine in Buckingham Palace
- The Queen introduced a new breed of dog known as the “dorgi”, when one of the corgis mated with a dachshund named Pipkin
- She demoted a footman for feeding her corgis whisky
oh and 16. The Queen also dislikes wheat and anything that’s not gluten free!
Ok, fact 16. is obviously a little lie, but that picture of her looking disgusted with some scones makes me chuckle a little!